My Life Goals:
- Live graciously. grace (n): beauty or charm of form, expression; a sense of what is right and proper; thoughtfulness toward others, goodwill, favor; devine gift; unmerited love and favor. gracious (adj.): having or showing kindness, courtesy, charm; merciful; compassionate.
- Run 50 races in 50 states before I'm 50. My friend Caitlin and I made this same life goal while running together last summer. We had heard of others running 50 marathons in 50 states, and wanted to do something more realistic. So, we will count any oragnized race that includes running; a great way to see the country & stay healthy.
- Learn to do the following well and often: exercise, speak Spanish, cook, and play the piano.
- Publish something. When I was young, I wanted to be a writer. When I was in PT school I wanted to publish a reasearch article. So now, we'll just wait and see.
- Sacrifice something great for someone else.
- Go on a big adventure. adventure (n.): a daring, hazardous undertaking; a happening.
- Go to Paris. I've wanted to go to the city of love and lights since I started taking French in 8th grade.
- Sleep in a snow cave.
- Uphold my marriage vows & cherish my family (people, and pets)
- Know what it is to be Loved by God. God is immeasurable and I will never know fully God's unending love for us. But, by pressing on towards that goal, all my actions and thoughts will be shaped.
At the end of my life, I have this romanticized view of looking back on things, seeing that I have accomplished these goals in wonderful, even unexpected ways. But, even if that doesn't happen, hopefully by putting together this list, I will live without regrets.